With the last changes implemented in the code the registries pressure during the interactions computations has been dramatically increased, which reduces the computation device occupancy.
This performance lost is my next target to fix (partially at least)…
As it was announced here, the new Input/Output interface has been merged into the master branch, and it is ready to work.
In an user point of view several advantages could be considered:
- More intuitive XML input.
- XML backup saved in all the printed frame (so the simulation can be continued).
- Per fluid output files.
But the main benefits are for the developers due to now several base classes may be used and new readers/writers could be easily registered.
Anyway some work must be done, like moving the reports stuff which still be inside the server.
A new input/output interface is coming… Following it’s features:
- An easy way to implement new loaders/savers
- Improved XML input
- Capability to save the XML case definition (which allows to continue the simulation from the last saved file)
- H5Part cleared
- Improved the post-processing with Paraview (including tools to fix the errors with the locale options)
Actually it is in development in the input_output branch, but hopefully it will be merged soon