As it was announced here, the new Input/Output interface has been merged into the master branch, and it is ready to work.
In an user point of view several advantages could be considered:
- More intuitive XML input.
- XML backup saved in all the printed frame (so the simulation can be continued).
- Per fluid output files.
But the main benefits are for the developers due to now several base classes may be used and new readers/writers could be easily registered.
Anyway some work must be done, like moving the reports stuff which still be inside the server.
A new input/output interface is coming… Following it’s features:
- An easy way to implement new loaders/savers
- Improved XML input
- Capability to save the XML case definition (which allows to continue the simulation from the last saved file)
- H5Part cleared
- Improved the post-processing with Paraview (including tools to fix the errors with the locale options)
Actually it is in development in the input_output branch, but hopefully it will be merged soon
Instead of using a home made math expressions evaluator I moved to the GNU library libmatheval. This change imply more robustness and less maintenance.
Now I can improve the input-output layer (which needs a simple layer to create savers/loaders)